Find all information about the Karger publishing program, our price list and downloadable journal and book lists as well as useful information about topics such as compliancy, archiving, and the handling of data.
Administration of Online Subscriptions
For more information on CrossRef and the DOI visit CrossRef.
Dark Archives: Portico
Karger Collections and Packages
Have a look at our Online Collections, Subject Packages and Topic Article Packages or get in touch with us for a tailored quote.
KBART Files for Journal and Books
Accessing your institutional subscriptions using the OpenURL standard requires registration with Karger and with your link resolver service provider.
To register with Karger, please e-mail your Base URL and a .gif image file of your institution's logo to orders. To register with your link resolver service provider, contact them to report your holdings and provide Karger's KBART file.
Updated monthly, the KBART file for all Karger collections is available for download.
Online and Print Book Orders
When ordering Karger book titles in the different formats, please bear the following in mind:
- Completion of a site license agreement is required with first-time orders for Karger online products (including individual eBooks). If you use an order form directly on the Karger website, the site license agreement is included.
- For all other order submissions please complete our online license separately which we will file together with the order we receive from your agent. To enable us to match your license with your order, please indicate your library's address with your eBooks order. (Unless there are changes in the IP address information or the number of users/sites gaining access, you are not required to submit the site license again with further online orders.)
- Standing orders may be placed for both formats (print or online).
- As for all Karger online products, online access is guaranteed for a minimum of five years, while perpetual access is an extra option; for details please refer to our 'Access Policy for Karger Online Products' below.
- Karger eBooks are included in in our eBook Collections, and preferential terms are available for institutional customers.
Karger book chapters are OpenURL Target enabled using the DOI number. For example: /?doi=000316897.
Please contact your OpenURL link resolver to register your holdings. If you require linking syntax information for Karger titles, please contact us.
For more information on technology and application, please see the CrossRef's OpenURL FactSheet and their OpenURL resolver or the OpenURL and SFX Overview by ExLibris.
For your individual linking needs, please contact us with details of your requirements.
Price List per E-Mail
Karger references are linked to and from the highly populated PubMed database. Outbound references are resolved via the powerful CrossRef link resolver. Reference links are on all HTML formatted pages and embedded into the article's PDF file. Cited-by links are located on the Abstract and Aarticle level.
Users can also take advantage of related article links, which employ semantic tools to display articles of similar subject. Related article links are displayed on the Abstract and Article level.
The complete Karger journal program from 1997 back to each title's first year has been digitized and is available online in subject packages. For details and introductory offers please go to our eJournal Archive Collection page.
Karger Book Archive Collection
To mark the occasion of Karger Publishers' 125th anniversary, we have digitized all book titles from 1996 back to 1890 in online in subject packages. For details and introductory offers please go to our eBook Archive Collection page.
Access to Archive Articles
You have direct online access to all journals of the Journal Archive Collection back to their very first issue. The article PDFs, based on scanned paper originals, fully indexed and searchable, can be purchased on a pay-per-view basis by credit card as any other article. Where stock allows, order forms for printed issues have been added as well.
To harvest Karger online usage statistics using SUSHI, please visit SushiService Service.
SUSHI administrators please note: the Requestor ID in the protocol is the same as the institution's Customer ID with Karger. Please direct questions regarding usage statistics harvesting to service.